Saturday, April 26, 2008

What will you find here?

My name is J Hugh Thomas, and I have been writing stories, making movies, writing songs, and finding any other creative outlet available since childhood. Then I started the most ambitious creative endeavor of my life, writing a novel. At times I wonder if I'm crazy for continuing, tempted to toss my laptop, but at other times I feel the joy of a creative plot twist that takes even me by surprise.

This blog will follow the whole writing process of my first novel, from the idea several years ago through the remainder of writing it all down, and also detail the editing process that leads to getting published, hopefully. Along the way I will share resources that I find on writing, marketing, and getting published.

The bottom line is pretty simple, writing is fun. Creating is fun. I don't know if I will ever be published let alone make any money with my writing, but that isn't the main reason I do it. I would imagine that is also true for many other writers out there. Some of us feel like we have something important to say. Others just enjoy the creative process. I probably fall somewhere in the middle, because I don't take myself too seriously, but I do have a very serious side to me.

I think that's enough for the intro. I hope you join me on my valiant quest to complete the largest project of my life. This is my first blog so bear with me. I'm in uncharted territory. Until next time.

Lets all keep writing,
Hugh

www.jhughthomas.com
www.myspace.com/jhughthomas

No comments: